background

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Lost my mind

You know when your a stressed out busy mom when:

*You pour coffee into your cereal bowl, which his sitting right next to your coffee cup

*You bring the wrong book to your bible study and try following along, but are totally lost and don't realize why until the end of the study.
Story:
I was running late for my mom's group and grabbed my book while running out the door. When finally sitting, I pulled out my book and tried to figure out where we were in the book. I looked over at the person's book sitting next to me to see what page she was on, then I turned to that page, but the page numbers on her book were on the top and mine were on the bottom... I thought, hm, she must have an older version than me. I started reading on that page and it made no sense to what the discussion leader was talking about so i tried to make myself busy with Grady so I didn't just look like I was not paying attention when in all reality I was completely lost. A bit later, I started skimming through my book, but nothing was making sense. Towards the end of the study, my friend leans over to me who had lent me the book I brought and made a comment on it. Still not realizing it wasn't my mom book, I was like, yeh, uh huh, wondering what she was talking about and why she was talking about the mom book in the way she was. I subtly looked down at my book and that's when I realized it was completely the wrong book and here I was holding it up trying to find my place in the completely wrong book. I must have looked ridiculous and rude sitting their reading a book that we were not studying! At the end of study, I told her the story and we got a good laugh out of it! She said she wondered why I was looking through that book at this study because it was completely irrelevant to what we were studying! Haha, well that would be why! A mommy moment!

*You wear two different shoes on a date with your hubby.
We had to drop the kids off at my parents first and thats when I realized I had one brown and one black shoe on! And one even had a bigger heal than the other so I don't know how I didnt notice before I left the house! Luckily, my mom let me borrow her black shoes! They were 2 sizes bigger than I wore, but at least they matched!

The list could go on, but I have to attend to my children now! ;)

3 comments:

  1. LOL! Shauna, I'm glad you have such a sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Shauna! This made my day! I have been there before!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is all too funny:) Thanks for the meal you brought us, btw! It was delicious!

    Since Levi has been born I swear I lose EVERYTHING! I am never paying attention to where I put things...erg!!

    ReplyDelete