background

Friday, November 30, 2007

Hadley's MRI update


Hadley had her MRI and ultra sound yesterday and it went great! It was about a thousand times better than her X-rays. She was so good! First we had her ultra sound and she just stared at the lady wondering what she was doing to her belly. She sat there so patiently for not eating for 6 hours. Then we went down to the MRI department. First a lady came out to tell us the procedure. She said they were going to try the sleepy medicine first, but if Hadley were to move at all, we'd have to do it all over again wtih an IV. She said that she will cry while they give her the medicine because it tastes yucky. So, after the talk, we went to her cold MRI room and she proceeded to giving her the medicine. Hadley kept spitting it out so she called in the "expert" who is good at this job. Well, Hadley kept spitting it out, but did not cry. They needed her to cry because that's how they get babies to take it, but Hadley still did not cry. They said they've never had a baby who didn't cry. :) So, in stead they made her smile and laugh and that's how they slipped the medicine in her. She was such a sweetie! Then i rocked her to sleep at we got her set up. Andy and I stayed in the room and watched her while the nurses watched from outside. Hadley didn't move for the first 45 min, then i saw her leg kick. Andy fell asleep so i quickly woke him up and told him i thought she moved. But she was still again. Then she started kicking. I thought, oh no! I don't want her to have to do the IV. So i look out the window to see if they see and they did. But they waited a minute to see if she'd sit still again, but she kept kicking. I just wanted to grab her and hold her. Then the lady came in and said, "I just talked to the radiologist and we can be done." I was so relieved! They pulled her out and i held her right away. She was really out of it from the medicine. They took her vitals and i got to fill her tummy up. She did so good!!!!! Thank you so much for your prayers. We will not get the results back till early next wk, so ill keep you posted! :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh! Praise the Lord! That is so good!!! We were praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear that things went good! I was praying for you guys. Thanks for updating. I have been wondering all day how it went!

    Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting us know how it went! I'm so glad that it went much better than imagined! PTL!

    ReplyDelete