background

Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Child of Christ



"To all who received Him, to those who believed his name, He gave the right to become children of God."
John 1:12

The gospel is being presented all around Mianna. In Sunday school, this has been their focus for the last few wks. In school, her teacher has been presenting it. And at home, we talk about it as well!

Yesterday Mianna came home from school and said, "Mom, before bed, can me and you say the sinners prayer?" I said, you mean accept Jesus as your savior? She says Yes!

So, before bed Mianna and I took some quiet time in my room. I had her explain how she gets to heaven to see if she really understood. With what she said and the answering a few questions, it sure sounded like she understood. So, right there at that moment I prayed for Mianna, then I had her repeat after me asking Jesus to be her savior!

Immediately after praying, Mianna jumped up and gave me the biggest hug I've gotten in a long time! You could just see the excitement in her. She said, "I'm so glad I'm going to heaven!"

So, to our understanding, there are now 3 people in our house who are saved!

This is a very proud moment as parents, but even more reassuring knowing Mianna will someday meet Jesus in heaven.

Jesus, Thank you for adopting my little girl into your family. Thank you for opening up her heart to want to know you and live her life for you. Thank you for giving her the understanding of the need for Jesus as her salvation. I love you Jesus, I love you!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments: