background

Monday, January 10, 2011

Girl's day

Awhile back, Mia and I had made a plan to grow our hair out and then in spring, chop it off and donate it to locks for love. Well, Mia couldn't wait anymore, but I could! She wanted to her haircut now and it was long enough so, we went for it. We decided to make a girls day out of it. We were going to get her hair cut, then do some lunch, then I would suprise her and take her to the movie Tangled since she's been wanting to see it for awhile now. So, it was a plan. The day came and she decided she wanted Hadley to join in the fun, so the three of us went to Cost Cutters to get their hair cuts first. Not the best experience there and I can honestly say, we wont be going back there. There unfriendly attitudes tried sucking all the fun out of our locks for love experience, but we didn't let it, we had fun anyways :) After adding a few yrs onto the girls lives ;), we picked up tacos and took them to our favorite coffee shop to get coffee(steamers) and eat. That was Mia's 1st experience at a coffee shop :) Hadley is an old pro! They thought that was very special. Then we dropped Hadley off by daddy and Grady at home and Mia and I went to the movie. She was very surprised and super excited! It was an awesome movie and we both loved it!
It was a great girls day! I enjoy spending time with my girls! :)

The before picture


Look at all that long hair. I wasn't quite ready for her to get her hair cut, but she was so excited, I couldn't deny it!


The chops; Hadley got a few inches off and a few layers. Her hair is so fine, you can't do too much with it yet.


Mia's Chop... and I mean CHOP. She went with the 'bob' look. Very cute on her!


g

Hadley new cut.


Mia's back(I had to touch it up some... not only were they unfriendly, but Mia's girl did a crummy job... though you can't tell from afar)


The new Mia. Our 6 yr old turned into a 10 yr old. She was so flattered when I told her that. Isnt that what every little girl wants to hear?



Me and my girls! :)

2 comments:

  1. Mia's hair looks so cute and grown-up. Glad to hear that you didn't let the bad experience ruin the rest of your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! What a beautiful and fun filled day! I simply love those kind of outings with my girl!!! :)

    So sorry you had a bad experience at C.C. I have had 2 very bad experiences with them as well...and in two different counties!!!

    BUT, on a good note - they look super cute, and they didn't ruin your fun! :)

    ReplyDelete