background

Monday, July 27, 2009

Pregnancy journal #3

I have decided to share my journal from pregnancy #3 with everybody. Pregnancy is such a special thing, I like to journal all the details. It's interesting to go back and compare all 3 pregnancies. For the most part, they are all very similar.

PREGNANCY JOURNAL #3


Month 1
January-Feb. 2009


The day I found out: January 20th, 2009

Reaction: I was so excited! I was a little nervous because of Hadley’s issues with her back, but God’s timing is always perfect.


How I told your dad:
*The Story* It was that time of the month and I was "late" and I am very regular. I wanted to wait until I was at least 3 days behind before I took a test. I didn't tell daddy because I wanted to surprise him if I was pregnant. So, Day 3 of being late finally came and after going to my MOM’s group, I ran to the store with the girls and got a test. Then I ran home quick and took it and sure enough.... it was positive! So after I starred at it for a long time making sure it was really positive, I wrapped it up and took it to daddy’s work and dropped it off and the front desk. He called me about an hour later all excited! We decided to wait until my first ultra sound to tell everybody the good news.

Dad’s Reaction: Daddy was so excited and thrilled! He could not wait to tell everybody!


Who we told first: Mommy told Aunt Holly and daddy told somebody at work(because it was only fair that he got to tell somebody too! Then, the next wkd we told Daddy’s side of the family. We were going to wait to tell everybody, but Uncle Tim was leaving for war and we wanted to share the news with him. Then, after mommy had her first apt(Feb. 6th), we told every body else. We wrapped up your ultra sound picture and gave it to Papa Tom for his birthday and that’s how mommy’s side of the family found out.

Before I became pregnant I weighed: 111 lbs


Month 2
February-March 2009



My First doctor Apt was: Feb. 6th at 1 pm


Doctor's comments: At my dr. apt, they did an overall check up and everything was good. Then they did a ultra sound(I never had it done this early with the other 2). You were so tiny, but we could see you and even see your heart pumping. It was so amazing. You were only about 1 cm long. Mommy was measuring to be 7 wks and 2 days at this apt.

My due date is: Sept. 23rd.


My Weight: 113 lbs.
I already gained: 2 pounds.


The word that best describes me this month is: Emotional


Why? Mommy is so emotional this month. I am crying over everything and am so sensitive to what everybody says. I am worried about my anxiety since I had to stop taking an anxiety medication. I am doing good though without it for the most part. My emotions are just a rollercoaster.


Foods I am craving are: applesauce


Foods that make me nauseous: Anything that smells; strong spaghetti, garlic smells

Mommy thinks you are going to be a: _X boy ___ girl.
Because: This pregnancy feels different than the girls. I have different symptoms. No tender chest and not as much nausea.

Dad thinks you will be a: _X_ boy ___girl.

Because: He also thinks this pregnancy is different than the others. And he secretly would like a little boy to wrestle with.


A note from mom: I am so excited to be pregnant with you and know you are a gift from God. He has special plans for you and I am excited to see how he will use you someday. I am going to try and enjoy you while you are growing inside of me and keep you healthy and build you up. I find it such an honor to get to carry you and help you develop until you are ready to be born into this world. It is such a miracle how you develop and grow from a little seed to a little baby with a heart, brain, little fingers, and little toes! I love you!

Month 3
March-April 2008


The word that best describes me this month is: bloated, uncomfortable


Because: My tummy always felt bloated and when I ate I felt super bloated. I felt uncomfortable first of all feeling this way, but second, not fitting into any of my clothes. I was in the middle stage, which I think is always the hardest.


My Doctor Apt. was: March 6th, 2009( I was 11 wks)

Doctor’s Comments:
Everything was great. She said my belly was growing. We listened for the heart beat and sure enough, there it was.. Thump thump thump so fast. It was amazing to hear your heart beat for the first time. That’s really all we did at that apt.


This month I weighed: 119 lbs.

This month I gained: 6 lbs.

Mom’s cravings this month were: Fresh fruits and veggies, which was a little hard because dad’s hours at work got cut. Other than that, I was turned off from pastas(which was my favorite food). Another craving was tortillas with lunch meat(however I couldn’t have lunch meat so I had chicken instead).


Your dad and I would like to have: 3 (MAYBE 4) children.


Special events in this month(March) are:

-March 13th : Mommy goes to a woman’s retreat with church.

-March 21st: Brianna‘s(cousin and Mia’s Best friend) 5th birthday party
March 22nd: Olivia’s dedication

-March 30th: Hadley gets her 5th cast off for 1 wk.


Month 4
April-May, 2009


This month, the word that best describes me is: Sleepy and forgetful

Because:
At any chance I get, I want to nap and I do! And I seem to be losing my mind

My Doctor apt was: April 6th

Doctor’s comments: The Dr. said everything was great. We heard your heart beat again which was loud and clear and fast! She said my belly was growing normal. Mommy had some concerns because I had some spotting here and there, but the Dr. confirmed that you were ok and growing, so there was nothing to worry about.

This month, I weighed: 122 lbs
I gained: 3 lbs.

The first time I felt you was: 15 wks.

It felt like: At first I thought it was just gas bubbles, but then at 16 wks, I was sure it was the little flutter movements you were making when you moved!


Friends of mind that are pregnant are: 2 friends from church: Anya and Bethany

The first time I wore maternity clothes was: I started wearing a bella band at 15 wks so I could un-button some of my pants. But real maternity clothes, I didn’t wear until 18 wks.


I felt: Proud, but a bit uncomfortable with my body. I became more confident with my body once my belly grew bigger and I was noticeably pregnant

My belly started to show at: 14-15 wks, I thought I just looked rather fat and at 16 wks, a belly popped out!

My favorite foods this month are: boca burgers(anything grilling out), pretzels and dip

Big things going on this month are:


-House hunting! Daddy and mommy are looking to buy there first home, but we are having a hard time finding the right one to raise our family in.

-Hadley’s 2nd birthday is May 4th. We took her to the wildlife sanctuary, then she had a 2nd birthday party with family.


Month 5
May-june, 2009



This month, my apt was on: May 6, 2009

The Doctor Said: Everything looked great. Heard your heart beat again. I have my ultra sound in 2 days.

This month I weighed: 125 lbs.
I gained: 3lbs

My Ultra sound was: May 8, 2009 at 3:15 in the afternoon.

Details: I had to drink 16 oz of water ½ hour before my apt. We got to the clinic and right away the ultra sound tech looked and found everything she needed to: Head circumference, belly, size, uterus, placenta, etc. She got all the medical stuff out of the way that she needed to do. Unfortunately, the girls started getting impatient after all that and Dad had to take them out for a bit. At that time, she checked to see if she could see what sex you were. At first you were crossing your legs, but then you opened them up.

We saw that you were a: boy!
Because daddy wasn’t in the room to see himself, the ultra sound tech left it up on the screen when we were done and I brought him back to show him. He wasn’t sure what he was looking at, but then he saw it.


Daddy’s reaction: Daddy’s face brightened up and he got a grin from ear to ear and was very happy to be having his very first boy!

Mommy’s Reaction: I was very happy to be having a boy, but more so nervous because I only know how to deal with girls already having 2 girls. It took me a little while to get used to the idea of knowing a boy was in my tummy!

The word that best describes me this month is: Depressed, anxious, busy Because: Around this time of my pregnancy, my depression/anxiety usually tends to get worse. I am already on a prescription, but do not want to raise it unless I have to.

Big events this month are:

-Mommy’s 26th birthday is May 21st. Daddy had a special surprise scavenger hunt for me on our way to MN. We took a ferry, went to a free zoo, and went hiking.

-We took a vacation to visit friends, Beth and Jason in MN. We did a lot there as well: went for a lot of walks around a beautiful lake, did a 4 person bike by a waterfall, went to mall of america, and did a lot of relaxing.

-Purchased our new house June 12th, 2009 in Port Washington and started to work on the house immediately.

Month 6
June-July, 2009


This month, my apts are: June 3 and July 8th


Doctor said: I looked great. Heart beat was great. Ultra sound results all were great. She said she wanted to boost my welbutrin(antidepressents), and I did for 3 days, but felt uncomfortable with it at this time so I went back to my original dose.

We discussed your arrival date which would either be: Sept. 16th or 18th.

I am having a: C-Section

Because: My other 2 pregnancies were C-Sections and it is a big risk to do vaginal birth after C-section especially when the incision is vertical. This time, the Dr. would do a horizontal incision since I’ve already been cut 3 times through the same vertical incision. It would be risky to cut it again.

On June 3rd, I weighed: 130 lbs
I gained: 5 lbs.

On July 8th, I weighed: 133 lbs.
I gained: 3 lbs

This month, the word that best describes me is: Depressed once again and busy

Because: Just having a hard time with my depression. And also staying busy because we are moving this month to our new house.

Your nursery will be: Blue. I(Mom) painted your room light blue on the top and tan on the bottom, then I put a brown chair rail up to split the colors. Looks awesome. Your crib set we got off eBay. It matches the colors of your walls. Then we are going to get some decorations for your walls and also some curtains.

This month, mommy feels: Big. My tummy is growing and I’m starting to feel large. I pretty much am out of all my non-maternity clothes. I also feel unmotivated even though I have to stay motivated with 2 girls and moving this month!

We decided to: Breast feed you.

Because:
I breastfed Hadley and really enjoyed it. I enjoyed the bond and enjoyed being able to do that. Also the healthiest choice for you!


Big things going on this month:

- We moved into a new house in Port Washington, which was tons of work!

-Hadley gets her 6th cast removed June 26th for one wk and was recasted on July 7th.


Month 7

July-August, 2009



This month, my apts are: July 22nd
I now have apts every 2 wks because I am in the 3rd trimester


Doctor’s comments: Everything looked great to the doctor. I had some blood in my urine because of Kidney stones as I did with Hadley, however, they are not half as bad and are passing on their own. Just a little discomfort and some pain.


On July 22nd I weighed: 136lbs
I gained: 3 lbs


On August 7th I weighed:

I gained:

This month, mommy feels: Big, out of shape, tired, still depressed.
Because: I haven’t gotten much exercise because of being so busy with the new house and organizing, which is making me tired!

My favorite foods these days are: ice cream, peanut butter, strawberry banana smoothies

The name we picked out for you is: *********.
We like that name because:


Your middle name will be: Andrew
Because: We would like you name you after your dad!

Things going on this month are:

-Daddy’s 27th birthday is July 30th. We had a party with his family and my family the wkd of July 18th, also fish day. We grilled out and went to the parade. I will take him to a truck pole and the girls and I will have a little party for him on his b-day as well.

-We are hosting a going away party for our friends(Ferguson’s) on Aug. 2nd. They are leaving to do missionary training

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. It was super fun to read through! You've had a lot going on this pregnancy with two girls, Hadley's castings, and the new house! I'm so excited to meet your little one and know his name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun stuff! You're so luck you're so small! I wish I was 111..or even 130! Cripes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog (always) just warms my heart! Your family is truly a blessing in my life. I love you all!
    - big_smella

    ReplyDelete