background

Monday, July 27, 2009

GOD IS AMAZING

I have to share what is going on with Hadley and the Infantile Scoliosis Outreach Program that we are highly involved in.

First of all, I am a part of a support group that we share and talk to each other with questions and updates on our children's journey's with scoliosis. I have been sharing the amazing miracle God is doing on Hadley's back and have been speaking my faith very freely on this site. I didn't at first because I didn't know how people would feel or if it would be allowed at all. But then after seeing the amazing progress God is performing on Hadley, I couldn't hold it in anymore!
Ever since I have been speaking of God's work and incorporating him all my emails about daily life with Hadley, I have been seeing more and more people opening up about their lives with God. It has been an amazing thing to see as more people write their messages about praying and depending on God! Definitely not saying that I was the reason people would open up, but God can use anybody or anything to get people to be more open in expressing their faith in Him!

As you all know, Hadley's story is on the website.
I emailed the director of the site asking her if she wanted me to update the story because of the remarkable change that has happened since I wrote her story. I just checked my email and received an email back from her with her number asking me to call her. So I did.

Heather(director's and founders name) asked if at possible she can use Hadley xrays for a public announcement type of thing to get the word out there about this form of casting! I said, well absolutely! If my daughter can have any part in another doctor wanting to perform this casting to save another child's life, well then, were all for it! She said they are looking for the most significant correction in a child's back and so far Hadley looks as if she might be the child! HOW AMAZING IS THAT?! I'm not exactly sure how this will be published, whether on TV or newspapers, but Heather did say it was going national! Not that Hadley herself would be national, but the amazing miracle God is performing on her spine will be!
Another side note that amazes me is that Heather said she needed these xrays by Thursday to the publisher. So this is in crunch time, but she doesn't want to miss out on this significant correction. So, i would have to send them right to the publisher right away. But also that she needs the hard copies of these xrays and normally Shriners no longer gives us hard copies, they just give us discs. HOWEVER, the disc maker at the hospital this last time was not working and they gave me the hard copies. The little things that God works out! She herself says she is seeing God's work being done here and that's amazing in itself!

So if that's not enough to praise our God for, this next part of the story will be!

As most of you know, we started our journey at the Children's Hospital of WI. They used the wait and see method allowing Hadley's back to progress from 25 to 74 degrees. It was then that we made our move with God's guidance to Shriners of Chicago. After learning about Mehta Casting, I made it a huge point to call the dr from Children's Hospital of WI, write letters, etc. to tell him about this new Mehta casting method being performed to children like Hadley to avoid surgery. This doctor is rather cocky and never did return any of my many forms of trying to contact him. So, i never did get to tell him about any of our experiences. However, I did have Heather send the hospital information about this casting process about a year ago, but nothing ever really came about it. I just continued to pray for them being rated one of the best hospitals, yet being so opposed to new ways of helping children in amazing ways.
Anyways, while talking to Heather, she asked me if we were in WI, remembering me from the past. I said, yes. She said she is trying to plan a conference at the Children's Hospital of WI and the doctor's are really interested in doing this Mehta Casting! My jaw dropped! She asked if Hadley, Andy, and I could be there to answer any questions and talk to the doctor's ourselves! She said it helps that during the conference they have a patient there sharing the real story. I was ecstatic! She spoke very highly of Dr Tassone(Hadley's previous dr) and said he was very eager to get this casting in their hospital. Well, I personally didn't feel the same way about him, but maybe he just didn't want to hear it from a former patient and had to hear it from a professional perspective instead. Either way, his change of heart about the subject is enough for me to forget our rocky past. If he's willing to learn this Casting method, I am happy because knowing how many little children this can save, is enough! It might be a bit weird being face to face with him at first, but sharing the amazing miracle of God on Hadley's back will fade that weirdness away! And not to mention, the Dr. Mehta would be there and we could get to meet her as well! What an honor that would be!!!!

It brings tears to my eyes seeing how God is using this trialing journey we have been through with Hadley. God allows us to go through trials for reasons only He may know. The reasons he is allowing Hadley to go through this trial is becoming more evident as her journey continues! And I'm sure He will continue to use this journey throughout her life for his glory. God using my little baby girl sends chills down my spine! What a special and strong little girl she is that God picked her to battle this and to use her in so many way! Not only has this helped us to depend on him more, but now his Glory is shining in so many ways! Isn't God so amazing!

I just had to share this story and how God is using our little Hadley! Praise God!!!!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! What an amazing story! That is truly incredible about Hadley being published (this last week I was kind of wondering if since Hadley has had such extreme improvement her case would be come nationally recognized). Your little Hadley and your personal testimony and boldness are furthering the Kingdom of God in ways you won't know until Eternity, Shauna. We'll be praying for you as you get ready to speak to the doctors at the conference!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of this is so wonderful. I am so excited for Hadley and you and Andy as well. I love your last paragraph about how God is using her. It makes me feel so good for her and for you. She is truly blessed to have a strong and faithful mommy (and daddy). Love you!

    ReplyDelete