background

Sunday, October 12, 2008

A new Direction

As some of you may know, Andy and I have been praying about my job for awhile now. There has been a lot of conflict in the schedule with the girls being a little older now and going their own separate directions. For example: Mya is in school and I am homeschooling Mia(a little bit). That is just one example, there are many I wont list. It has also been hard to drag the girls out of bed early in the morning to go somewhere else and care for another child. I felt as if I were putting my kids second. But that is what being a servant is all about and at the time, it was what God had me doing.

I had an opportunity to watch an infant at my house starting in January. There would be a pay cut, but that was something we were willing to do. This way I could be home with the girls, yet still make income. The decision was not final though.

Well, Last wk things really started getting difficult at work trying to work out scheduling for doctor apts, Mya's schooling, and MOPS, etc. I ended up not working Thursday or Friday(their call), then Friday evening I got an e-mail saying they have decided to go a different direction for Mya since our schedules have been clashing lately. There is only 10 more months until Mya will be in school full time so they are nanny-sharing with their neighbors. Part of me was shocked and devastated(mostly for Mia's sake). We spent almost every day with her for the past 3 1/2 years! Thats Mia's play mate/her "sister"/her friend. It's going to be a hard adjustment for Mia. I still haven't broken the news to her yet. Then the other part of me was relieved. I knew this moment was coming for awhile, it was just a matter of when. I feel now I can just focus on my girls and not have to drag them around anymore.

And the best part... I left out... That morning(last Friday) I prayed and prayed about my job situation as I have been for awhile now. I told God we were willing to make a sacrifice to do his will because he knows best! It was that afternoon I got the call from the possible future job saying they didn't need me. And it was the same evening that I got the e-mail from my current job letting me go. WOW, right? God completely answered my prayer! He just amazes me! Thanks God for answering my prayer! I know God's will for me right now is to be a stay at home mom with my girls! Maybe he has ministry opportunities for me in the future, or maybe he has a job lined up for me in the future. I don't know what the future holds, but all I know is right now, he wants me to be home for my girls! What an awesome feeling it is to know what God wants for me at this point of my life. He couldnt have told me in a more obvious way!

So, Thats that. I'm a stay at home mom! :) I'm not going to lie. We are afraid! This is a big jump down in our finances and its going to be a huge adjustment that I'm really unsure how with all of our bills it's even going to work. How will we live? It all falls back on trust! I am scared, yet, i feel a sense of peace in my heart knowing if this is what God wants for me, then surely he will provide for us. He's not just going to make me a stay at home mom so we can struggle and go hungry. God is not a mean God. Though we will go through a lot of hard times, God will be at our side and they will only make us stronger and more dependent on him! He works in mysterious ways! All I know is I trust him and everything will be ok!

This feeling of peace and trust in God is so amazing! I feel like a thousand pounds have been lifted off my shoulders! God did that! Thanks God! You are truly amazing!

1 comment:

  1. I am excited for you Shauna that God gave you a very clear answer and that you'll be staying home. I know you've always wanted to do that. We'll be praying for all the little details like money to be worked out and for you to trust in God to do that.

    ReplyDelete