Last wkd, Andy and I decided to take the girls to the Live Nativity Stable in Cedarburg. It was very cute. It was all acted out by grade school children. It was nice to give Mianna a better picture of where baby Jesus was born and how it was back then. The only thing I wonder is if she really thought that was the actual baby Jesus, Mary, and Joseph. I think maybe at first she did, but then i explained to her that they were just pretending to be them to show us what it was like. I think maybe she understood a little bit. Anyways, it was very nice to see and even though it was a bit cold, I'm glad we went. We stayed for about 1/2 hour watching and singing Christmas songs with them, then we left because the girls were getting cold. I highly recommend checking it out. It was very cute and gives the little ones a better picture of where Jesus was born. It is every Friday before Christmas from 6:30-7:30 in Cedarburg.
After that, we decided to take a ride to Belgium to see the house that lights up to music. It was very cool. We went last year too. Mianna enjoyed it a lot this year. If you've never been there, I would check it out! You turn on your radio to a specific station and the lights on the house light up with the music. This year they had a big sign lit up that said, "Jesus is the reason for the season." I was very impressed. I hope we can go again!
Cool! Would you email me and let me know where in Cedarburg it is? I'd love to go this weekend.
ReplyDeleteI was thinking the same thing..I really would like to go to this. Can you e-mail me too with the address? I don't know if Bill would be up for it, but I think the kiddos would really enjoy.
ReplyDeleteHey...we were there!!! Towards the end when we got there..that really was soo cool, but the kids were too cold.
ReplyDelete